The information below is provided by the organization. NAHC does not warrant its accuracy or completeness.
Is this your organization and the information outdated? Submit updates
US Med-Equip, Inc.
- (713) 983-8860
7028 Gessner Rd
Houston, TX 77040-3308
US Med-Equip is the most innovative, technology-infused company in its genre, specializing in the rental, sales and asset management of movable medical equipment (MME) for high acuity medical systems. Among the fastest growing companies in the country, US Med-Equip is widely known for its 24/7 personalized attention to customer needs. The company is ISO 9001:2008 certified for its medical equipment management processing system, and offers advanced options for managing equipment rentals and purchases, equipment maintenance and equipment tracking technology.
To ensure customer satisfaction, US Med-Equip offers value-added services such as equity options, flexible payment options, proprietary equipment management software, and RFID tagged equipment. Dedication to patient care and to promoting the healing process is at the core of the US Med-Equip culture and drives daily operations in its 18 offices serving 12 states.
- Hospital customer base – nearly 2,000 facilities throughout the United States
- Largest hospital movable medical equipment rental company in the South Central United States
- Directly serving 12 states through 18 US Med-Equip locations
- Ranked in 2015 & 2016 as a top Minority-Owned business by the Houston Business Journal
- Ranked for four years on the Inc. Magazine’s list of the fastest growing private companies in the nation
- Over 25,000 pieces in medical equipment inventory with over 99.8% inventory accuracy
- 2014 and 2015 MedAssets Platinum Supplier Award Winner
- ISO 9001:2008 certified for medical equipment management processing system, confirming our commitment to quality services and products
- Certified by the National Minority Supplier Development Council as a “bona fide” minority enterprise
- Recognized as a contracted vendor for the four largest GPO’s in the nation
- Over 190 hospitals under contract through their IDNs or ownership as their preferred rental vendor
- Only company in our industry that uses RFID technology to help customers locate rentals in their facilities
- One of few rental companies that is certified by CareFusion to rent and sell the Medley infusion system with software, nationally
- Select rental partner for the Carefusion Sensormedics ventilators and Medela Negative Pressure Wound Therapy devices
- Offers RFID-enabled Star Trax asset management system that has been successful in improving hospitals’ equipment utilization rate above 80%, well above the industry average rate of 35-40%
- mySMARTS: First in the industry to offer an online portal to customers for critical management reports: equipment on rent, pickup reports and preventative maintenance (PM) due reports
- Only company in our genre to provide customers with proactive emails for PMs due and invoices
- One of the first in the industry to allow customers to order equipment rentals and request pickups online
- One of the first in the industry to become nearly paperless by equipping operations team with SMARTS mobile tablets
- Over 150 dedicated employees empowered every day “to serve a patient in need”
Why Choose US Med-Equip?
We never take our customers for granted. Our commitment is to “Make it happen!” Everything we do boils down to that. When we’re asked to deliver equipment, even in the middle of the night or in the worst weather, we never forget there’s a sick child, an anxious mother, a worried husband sitting there waiting, and we do whatever it takes to meet their needs as fast as humanly possible. That’s what drives us, both as people and as a company. We never forget that “We serve a patient in need.”
That mantra is the heart of our organization. Because we have over 100 employees committed to the same goal, we have grown from a small service company to one that has revenue in excess of 30 million dollars annually.
Every company has its own story to tell. The stories that shape the way a company is viewed — where its been and where its going, it’s perspectives and vision — and what makes it different from other companies. Here are our stories … a part of our history!